Krycek

Krycek

Phoenix (The Complete Action Series)
David Alexander
Progress: 60 %
Raylan - Elmore Leonard Reading a couple of other books but I saw this at the library and couldn't pass it up. Raylan is fun, but I have to agree with some other reviewers that it feels like a series of novellas rather than a coherent novel. Doesn't matter to me, though. Leonard's prose is a joy to read and simply flows, like he's sitting there talking to you, telling you this story. To be honest, the plots weren't all that interesting to me, not so much as the characters. Actually, the plot seems to meander. It's almost like it's not a story of an episode of Raylan Givens' life, but more like a slice or an example of his daily life. The dialogue can be hilarious. Sometimes the people say weird things. Raylan Givens is as cool as a cucumber. If it weren't for the predictably awesome characterizations and dialogue I might have given this three stars for being a pretty good read. Instead I give it four stars because I had such a good time with it. EL hasn't failed me yet.

By the way, I haven't yet seen that show Justified.. I hear it's pretty good. Guess I'll have to check it out.